Governance Architects is a consulting firm specialising in business strategy, architecture, capability assessments, investment portfolio planning, governance and risk management.
Australian and New Zealand banks, wealth management companies, health, not-for-profit
organisations and government departments.
Enable our customers to improve business decisions, performance and value
Our core values
Sharing valuable knowledge is important for individuals to gain career development and companies to prosper
We believe in continuous improvement and aim to leverage emerging management practices in all our work
We aim to challenge our customers' way of thinking and inspire them to implement good management practices
that drive tremendous business value
We strive for excellence in all our engagements
David is an independent consultant specialising in strategy, business architecture, investment prioritisation and IT governance.
He has solved business problems and delivered value to corporate strategy, business architecture, portfolio management, IT and risk management functions. His clients include Australian and NZ banks, wealth management companies, not-for-profit organisations and government departments.
David volunteers as the President of a not-for-profit professional association.
Some of his career deliverables include:
BUSINESS STRATEGY AND BUSINESS ARCHITECTURE
1. Leads the development and execution of business strategy for a not-for-profit
2. Mapped a bank’s corporate strategy with business unit goals and metrics
3. Researched and developed business architecture methodologies, artifacts and toolsets for a bank to:
- support strategic planning
- understand the ability of a bank to execute its business strategy
- align business strategy, capabilities and investment priorities;
- fast track business capability assessments across products, channels, marketing, sales and back end domains;
- fast track business assessments of people, processes, technology and information across all domains;
4. Delivered a capability assessment of an organisations practices for alignment of objectives, measurement of performance and governance of value, resources and risks
Developed a top down methodology and toolset to align investment priorities with business strategy and capability gaps for a bank
1. Delivered a capability assessment of a bank’s IT function. This included review of alignment of objectives, measurement of performance and governance of value, resources and risks
2. Developed an IT service catalogue
3. Independent review of SOX IT processes and controls
4. Mentored peers on practices for strategic alignment, value management, portfolio management and governance of value, resources and risks
5. Solutions architecture experience (working with system integrators) to design the technical architecture to run ERP and CRM systems
1. Led the delivery of 2 enterprise operational risk profiles
2. Developed methodologies and toolkits for risk profiling, KRI’s and assessing business risk culture for a bank.
3. Developed a methodology and toolkit to assess the capability of the enterprise risk management function
David aims to understand and solve his clients business problems, deliver value and get a reference for each deliverable.